The Huntington School District’s kindergarten registration process for the 2017/18 school year is approaching. A postcard will soon be arriving in the mailboxes of district residents outlining registration details. The full day program is open to all youngsters in the community who will be five years old by December 1, 2017.
Families with an eligible child should contact the district’s student registration office as soon as possible at (631) 673-4299 to obtain a registration packet. If a caller is referred to voice mail, they should leave their name, address and telephone number and their call will be promptly returned. Registration and child screening will be held concurrently.
Once parents have obtained a registration packet, they will be able to select a date for kindergarten student screening and registration. Registration will be conducted at the district’s four primary school buildings according to the following schedule: Tuesday, March 14 at Washington Primary; Thursday, March 16 at Jefferson Primary; Monday, March 20 at Southdown Primary; Wednesday, March 22 at Flower Hill Primary. Make-up sessions are set for Monday, May 22 and Tuesday, May 23 at Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School.
To register a child, a parent or guardian should bring the following documentation to their registration appointment:
• Proof of district residency: tax bill, mortgage statement, house deed, closing statement, notarized property owner affidavit or notarized lease agreement.
• Any three of the following items: current utility bill; social services statement; medical bills; pay stubs; credit card statements.
• Student’s original birth certificate.
• Student’s certificate of immunization and physical exam.
• Parent/guardian’s photo identification.
If any of the above documents are not available or if there are any questions, contact the registrar at (631) 673-4299.