A timeline for next spring’s budget vote and trustee election has been approved by Huntington School Board members. Residents will go to the polls on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. The three-year terms of current trustees Christine Biernacki, Thomas DiGiacomo and Emily Rogan are expiring.
Trustees have endorsed the following timeline:
• On or before March 1, 2018: Calculation of district tax levy submitted to the state comptroller.
• March 16, 2018: Last day for voter propositions to be placed on the ballot.
• April 16, 2018: Nominating petitions due for trustee candidates.
• April 16, 2018: Budget adoption by trustees.
• May 1, 2018: Hard copy of budget available to public in all buildings. (An electronic version of the adopted budget will be available on the district’s website on May 2, 2018.)
• May 7, 2018: Public hearing on budget.
• May 8, 2018: Deadline for receipt of absentee ballot applications if ballot is to be mailed to the voter;
• May 9, 2018: Last voter registration day;
• May 10, 2018: Voter register available for public inspection; List of voters receiving absentee ballots available.
• May 14, 2018: Deadline for receipt of absentee ballot application if ballot is to be personally delivered to the voter.
• May 15, 2018: Annual meeting – budget vote and election; Board of Registration meets to register voters for the 2019 budget vote and election and all special district meetings.