Many of the most skilled artists, musicians and actors in Huntington High School’s Class of 2018 intend to pursue academic majors in the fine and performing arts at colleges beginning in the fall semester.
Huntington High School offers students courses in the fine and performing arts that are unsurpassed. Besides an assortment of interesting classes, students have access to a long list of music ensembles and choirs, exhibits, competitions and shows as well as a drama club program that stages fall and spring productions.
“Music and art clearly remain among Huntington’s marquee programs,” Superintendent James W. Polansky said. “Not only is artistic talent cultured in our schools, but also a sense of commitment and unbridled passion. These graduates are among the most talented, committed and passionate one can encounter. I am certain that they are destined for terrific things ahead and I join the entire Huntington community in wishing them an outstanding college experience.”
Nineteen on Huntington’s June graduates have announced plans to continue studies in the art and music fields. The group includes:
- Quinn Blackburn: Syracuse University (music industry academic major; photography academic minor
- Michael Bradford: LIU Post (digital media and animation major)
- Jacqueline Caravetto: New York Institute of Technology (digital film and television production major)
- Kyle Chin: Boston University (film and television production major)
- Kenneth Fajardo: School of the Art Institute of Chicago (photography major)
- William Fallon: Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University (music for new media major)
- Emma Franznick: SUNY New Paltz (graphic design major)
- Maggie Giles: SUNY New Paltz (new media major)
- Sarah Glascock: SUNY New Paltz (computer graphics major)
- Olivia Hannigan: Fashion Institute of Technology (fashion design major)
- Mia Idler: Fashion Institute of Technology (illustration major)
- LJ Kindall: McDaniel College (music education major)
- Angela LoScalzo: Fashion Institute of Technology: (interior design major)
- Lindsay Martin: Five Towns College (film and television production major)
- Jessica Pulizzotto: LIU Post (digital arts major; game development minor)
- Katherine Russak: LIM College (fashion merchandising major)
- Bridgette Starr: Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (fashion design major)
- Ciara Thompson: Nassau Community College (fashion design: major)
- Tyra Thompson: Nassau Community College (fashion design major)
Contact Eric Reynolds ([email protected] or 631-673-2133), district director of fine and performing arts about Huntington’s academic and co-curricular programs.