Keily Rivas and Nicole Arenth finished 1-2 in the 1500m race-walk to pace the Huntington girls’ winter track and field team at the Suffolk League III championships.
Rivas and Arenth are among the top ranked race-walkers in the state and the duo turned in solid performances to best the 15 athlete strong field last Sunday at Suffolk-West in Brentwood.
Huntington junior Keily Rivas won the Suffolk League III indoor 1500m race-walk crown.
Nicole Abbondandelo was also magnificent, placing second in both the 1500m and 3000m runs. Hadley Clayton was fourth in the 1000m run. Jenna Yabroudy was ninth in a field of 27 in shot put.
Huntington finished fourth in the team standings, trailing West Babylon, North Babylon and Half Hollow Hills West and ahead of Eastport-South Manor, Comsewogue, Deer Park, West Islip, Bellport and East Islip.
In other action for the Blue Devils:
• Sophomore Alicia Brooks missed out on advancing to the 55m dash finals by 3/100ths of a second.
• In the 3000m run, freshmen Valerie Rogel and Ella Siepel placed seventh and tenth, respectively.
• In the 1000m run, Keily Rivas and Niamh Condon placed sixth and ninth, respectively.
• In the 600m run, Colette Barron and Sarah White placed 12-13 in the field of 27.
• In the 300m dash, Lanaya Swazey finished 10th and Alexandra McKenzie was 15th in the field of 26.
• Huntington’s 4x800m relay placed third. The Blue Devils’ 4x200m and 4x400m relays both finished fifth.
• Mardnie Mentor placed 12th in shot put.
• Mackenzie Joseph and Sophie Dellecave placed seventh and ninth, respectively in triple jump.