With nearly two dozen short films set to be screened, Huntington High School’s ninth annual film festival at the Cinema Arts Centre on Park Avenue on Tuesday, May 29 at 7 p.m. is expected to be something very special.
Admission is free. No tickets are required. The general public is welcome to attend as are entire families. The festival’s 22 films will run for a total of about 60 minutes.
“We will be showing short stories, public service announcements, comedy sketches, stop motion, art movement, music video, reality TV show, documentary and obstructions from our media arts students,” said art teacher Heather Swan, who leads Huntington High School’s video arts program. “We will also be debuting the five 10-Day Film Challenge videos that have made it into the state finals.”
The Cinema Arts Centre will host Huntington High School's 9th annual film festival.
The festival’s lineup (in order of showing; film name and type) includes:
• Confident – Stop motion by Grace Tyrell
• Be Careful What You Post – Public service announcement by Andrew Knowles
• Whom Taketh the Last Cookie – Comedy sketch by Griffin Bluemer
• Keeping Afloat – Art movement by Mia Breitbarth
• Stop Motion – Stop motion by Caitlyn Palermo
• Looking for Love – Six Obstructions by Noah Morris
• Prince Orangutan and the Nomadic Invaders – Comedy sketch by David Mosden
• Steer Clear of Distracted Driving – Public service announcement by Jessica Pulizzotto
• Best Song Ever – Music video by Ava Waxenberg, Sam Roberts, Ava Lembeck, Roger Villatoro and Megan Agrillo
• Lane of Poplars at Sunset – Art movement by Jeslyn Alfaro
• Pitch Slapped – Reality TV show by Jennifer Low
• Children Make Change – Documentary by Noah Morris
• Be Careful What You Post – Public service announcement by Elizabeth Dugan
• Genie et Caudex – Obstructions by Griffin Bluemer
• Babysitter – Short story by Lindsay Martin
• Pablo Picasso – Art movement by Grace Tyrrell
• Will You? – Distracted Driving public service announcement by Caitlyn Palermo
• Shelter – 10 Day Film Challenge by David Mosden, Jennifer Low, John O’Brien, Jessica Pulizzotto, Liam Walsh, Tim Lefebvre and Sam Gbalazeh
• Safety First – 10 Day Film Challenge by Grace Tyrrell, Tahiyat Akber, Robbie Caputi, Nick Rowley and Christian Hannah
• The Hunt – 10 Day Film Challenge by Caitlyn Palermo, Griffin Bluemer, Chris Bavaro, Elizabeth Dugan and Jeslyn Alfaro
• Fast and the Studious – 10 Day Film Challenge by Jackie Caravetto, Erick Joya-Amaya, Thomas Friebolin and Lindsay Martin
• Unmasked – 10 Day Film Challenge by Noah Morris, Ariana Strieb, Andrew Knowles, Jose Suarez and Mia Breitbarth
The filmmakers will be available to discuss their work. Cinema Arts Center refreshment stands will be open before, during and after the festival film screenings.
“This has been an incredible year of awards and recognitions for our talented film students,” Mrs. Swan said. “We are very excited to display all of our hard work on the big screen at the Cinema Arts Centre for our friends, family and community members to see.”
The Cinema Arts Centre is located at 423 Park Avenue in Huntington. Contact Mrs. Swan at [email protected] for more information.