Parents of Huntington School District students are invited to attend “Meet the Teacher Night” in each of the district’s eight buildings beginning Thursday, September 20. The evening programs will provide parents with an opportunity to meet teachers and learn more about school policies, course curriculum, educational resources and teacher philosophies.
“Meet the Teacher Night” has traditionally been an important evening for parents. Principals and teachers plan informative and interesting presentations. Parents will be given a clear understanding of how teachers go about educating their students as well as their expectations and general classroom policies and practices.
“The beginning of a new school year offers many opportunities for families to become acquainted with Huntington’s outstanding educators and programs,” Superintendent James W. Polansky said. “Our hope is that parents and guardians will be able to attend pertinent events to learn more about what their children will experience this year, as well as how to provide additional support and encouragement at home. These events collectively provide but one component that will surely contribute to a strong home-school partnership and continuously open lines of communication.”
Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School and Woodhull Intermediate School will host parents of students in fourth grade on Thursday, September 20 at 7 p.m. and in grades 5-6 on Tuesday, September 25 at 7 p.m. (A meeting concerning the annual trip to the Greenkill Outdoor Education Center will be held for sixth grade parents that same evening beginning at 6 p.m.)
At Jefferson, Southdown, Flower Hill and Washington Primary Schools, “Meet the Teacher Night” for students enrolled in grades K-3 will be held on Monday, September 24 at 7 p.m.
Parents of Huntington High School students will meet teachers on Wednesday, September 26 at 7 p.m. J. Taylor Finley Middle School will welcome parents of seventh and eighth graders on Thursday, October 4 at 7 p.m.
Several other special evenings for parents are also planned, including:
- Senior Parent Guidance Night at Huntington High School on Thursday, September 20 at 7 p.m.
- Financial Aid Night at Huntington High School on Thursday, October 11 at 7 p.m.
- Meet the Reading Teacher Night on Thursday, October 11 at 6:30 p.m.
- Freshman Parent Guidance Night at Huntington High School on October 16 at 7 p.m.
- Parent Workshop at Jefferson Primary School on Thursday, October 18 at 6:30 p.m.
- K-12 ENL Parent Meeting at Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School on Tuesday, October 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sophomore/Junior Parent Guidance Night at Huntington High School on Thursday, October 25 at 7 p.m.
- Math Night at Southdown Primary School on Thursday, October 25.